You will agree when I say:
Infants and toddlers look ABSOLUTELY adorable while sleeping in baby strollers. Is not it so?
Everyone knows that an infant stroller is a basic necessity for new parents but new parents often get confused in choosing the best stroller for their babies due to the hundreds of strollers available in the market.
Understanding the pain that parents go through to find the best baby stroller 2017, I have compiled together a list of the latest and practical strollers after testing hundreds of strollers. So, here are the best baby strollers in the market today which you can buy right away.
11. Budget-friendly Lightweight Stroller
If you are looking for something basic and paper light then the Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller fits the pocket easily while comfortably offering practical usage and simplicity.
- Most parents don’t want to go for high-end strollers that end up costing a lot of money and are very intricate in assembling and handling.
- The Summer Infant 3D Lite offers simplicity, featuring a design that is innovative made out of air-light aluminum and weighing in at just 12 lbs.
- Keeping that in mind, the stroller is super-light to push and maneuver, yet durable enough to stand time.
- Its open design allows wide viewing angles for the little one.
- The stroller comes with a 4 position recline and 5 point safety harness which enables you to recline a full 180 degree for napping or on the go nappy changes.
- If you’re heading out on a sunny day, the canopy features a pop-out visor to protect the baby from harmful sunlight.
- It also comes with a single cup holder to put your favorite beverage.
10. Inexpensive Yet Effective Stroller
If you like to take on a casual walk with your young toddler, a simple cheap stroller is the perfect choice. Kids love riding along in their favorite character – Lion 3D.
- The Cosco best umbrella stroller offers simplicity with design and style, combined with fun and striking colors that inspire your child’s imagination and joy.
- This stroller features a lightweight frame that easily folds to get into the car with ease and comfort.
- The Cosco Character umbrella stroller comes with a character canopy. A simple fold option allows for quick collapse and stowage.
- Additionally, it comes with a footrest for your child, so they don’t drag on the ground. Also, the stroller includes a 3 point harness for added security of your child.
9. Futuristic And Functional Stroller
At #9, we have the most beautiful convertible stroller (New UPPAbaby 2017 Vista) for you. In 2015, Vista had a complete makeover and many features were upgraded in that model like the bassinet, the second seat, frame, basket size and fold. In 2017 model, few minor yet important updates and exciting colors are introduced. Let’s dig into them.
This stroller supports 4 modes that are
- The bassinet mode
- Travel system mode
- Single stroller mode
- Double stroller mode by adding the second seat.
So it covers pretty much every aspect. Furthermore, this model fulfills your growing family needs by giving different seating combinations which can be seen in the gif image below.
Watch Video below to find out, how these seat combinations can be achieved.
If you have an older child then you do not have to worry because you can simply add stroller board to this stroller and your child can have a smooth ride too.
- New colors (bright) are introduced in this model which are Loic White, Austin Hunter Green, Henry Blue Marl and Dennison Burgundy. The UPPAbaby Vista is available in eight different colors: Taylor, Loic w/leather, Sabrina w/leather, Henry w/leather, Austin w/leather, Jake, Pascal, and Dennison. Jake and Pascal have the black frame while others have the silver frame.
- Handlebar and bumper bar used to have rubber in the previous model but now come with real soft leather.
- The frame is a bit narrower in this model which helps to move in tight places.
- Fabric quality is well improved and it is less wrinkly now.
- Wheels are upgraded in this model as they are made of solid polyurethane, unlike hard rubber in the previous model. So they are more reliable and give a smooth ride.
- Weight is reduced from 27.5 (previous model weight) to 26 lbs. Due to a reduction in frame size and quality tyres, 1.5 lbs weight is reduced.
- Large canopy: In 2017’s model, not only canopy is large but also has a Sunvisor which can come easily up to the bumper bar and protect your child from the harsh climate. The Sunvisor is made of wrinkle-resistant material and locks quite well when it is put up or down. The fabric of canopy is also improved very well in this model. Moreover, the canopy is adjustable so you can stretch or reduce it according to your child age/size.
- Adjustable handlebar: You can adjust the handlebar according to your height as it has the capacity from 39.5 to 42.5 which gives comfort to the tall parents. Handlebar can be easily adjusted with one push of a button which is located at the center of the handlebar. Moreover, in 2017 model, a fine leather has replaced the rubber on handle bar that used to be in previous models.
- Reversible seat: The seat is reversible so you can adjust the seat to get your child look at your side or the opposite.
- Adjustable leg rest: There is an adjustable leg rest included in this model, so your baby can stretch legs on the surface.
- 5 point harness: For security purpose, 5 point harness is included. There is a button at the center of this which can be pushed to release the child from the harness.
- Bumper bar: The bumper bar is removable and is swingable to put the child in or out. Moreover, this 2017’s model has soft leather at the bumper bar, unlike the rubber in the previous model. This leather matches the leather at the handle bar.
- Huge basket: There is a huge basket included in this model which can be used to put many things in it up to 30 lbs.
- All-terrain wheels: In this 2017’s model, tyres are upgraded from hard rubber to solid polyurethane which increase load bearing capacity and give the smoother ride.
- All-wheel suspension: To give the even smoother ride, independent shock-absorbing suspensions are included in this model.
- One-step fold: This stroller can be folded in just one step with or without the seat. If you remove the seat, the folded stroller will take lesser space though.
- Matching bassinet: The bassinet is super cool in this model, it can even be used as a separate bed for your child in your home. The material used in this bassinet is soft so your baby will feel comfy inside it. The airflow system is quite good in it, moreover, its canopy has Sunvisor too to protect your child from extreme climate. Also, bassinet can be detached with one hand only.
- Second seat option: This stroller can be turned into the double stroller by adding a rumble seat to it which is a full toddler-size seat.
- Travel system option: By adding uppababy mesa car seat, this stroller can be used as a complete travel system. By installing correct adapters, you can install other popular car seats like Graco Classic, Chicco and Maxi-Cosi as well.
- Bug net: INCLUDED!
- Rain cover: INCLUDED!
8. Top Pick for All-Terrain
BOB Revolution FLEX Duallie
The double jogging stroller - BOB Revolution FLEX Duallie is one of the best for the active styled parents and is proving to be an excellent example of craftsmanship and reliable performance. From outdoor enthusiasts to vigorous trainees, if you like the presence of your child with you then this is the way to go.
Purpose and Design
- It comes with the ideal balance between a durable design and style.
- Ideal for larger families who maintain an active lifestyle.
- The three-wheeled design is convenient to transport with an easy two-step fold option.
- Simple to push, no extra locks and no extra complexities are what makes this stroller all more desirable.
- The BOB Revolution FLEX Duallie has swiveling-locking front wheels to maneuver tight turns and lock up during jogging.
- The padded handlebars can be positioned at 9 positions for ideal grip and height match adjustments.
- Additionally, you will find a state-of-the-art adjustable suspension system offering 3 inches of travel and 2 stages of weight support for an ultra-smooth ride.
- Good suspension system offers smooth ride.
- Turn radius is short and precise.
- Decline and upright positions are achieved swiftly.
- For such a price, no tray or bottle holder.
- Some people might have problems with the car seat adapter.
No compromiise on durability and quality makes this stroller definitely worth buying. Value weighs more than the price aspect is quite justified with this product. Surely, it is one of the best double strollers available today.
7. Best Bang For The Buck
Graco DuoGlider Click Connect Stroller, Glacier
The Graco DuoGlider Click Connect Stroller is an ideal solution for growing families who are waiting for their second arrival. It is offering 12 different riding options for two children, each from infancy to toddler-hood. The Graco DuoGlider is easily compatible with two existing Graco Snug Ride Click Connect Infant Car Seats for complete versatility.
Purpose and Design
- It is designed with a purpose to help the family to have a product that fits their growing family’s needs.
- The Graco stroller design is very flexible which allows 12 different configuration options to be achieved.
- The rear seat allows you to stroll with your infant facing you while a multi-position front seat can be reclined according to the baby's comfort.
- For both seats, you receive a 3 and 5 point harness to securely strap in your baby for increased safety and peace of mind.
- Knowing the difficulties with folding, a single hand fold ensures the stroller collapses quickly along with an automatic lock.
- It also comes with swiveling front wheels that lock up in rough terrain, thanks to the built-in wheel suspension.
- For added convenience, it comes with two trays, one for your child’s bottles and things while the other for adults.
- Large storage bin is located below to hold important things like purses, diaper bags and miscellaneous stuff.
- Long life and durability.
- Convenient features like trays, cup holders, and extra storage.
- Excellent price value – being configurable for two children.
- The compact size of the stroller might trouble toddlers with longer heights.
It offers nothing extravagant in style but in terms of design, it is very practical. This double stroller is very good for families who want two children in a single stroller. Families looking for a cost effective double seat solution should take a look into this.
6. Best Travel System (Overall)
Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
The Chicco Bravo Travel system (Lightweight Stroller is the new and innovative trimodal model. The Bravo Trio system is the perfect companion if you’re already a user of Chicco car seats. The new Chicco strollers are compatible with upcoming and existing car seat lineups from Chicco. The trio provides three modes of use to adapt as your baby grows older. Purpose and Design
- This Chicco Stroller is intended to be a part of your growing child’s changing needs, all the way from infancy to toddler-hood.
- Its superior design allows for three mode usage, where the first stage makes the Bravo function as a lightweight and practical car seat carrier.
- During the transition phase (Second Stage) from occasional car seat to stroller usage, the Bravo works as a travel system.
- Lastly (Third Stage), once your child outgrows your car seat, the Bravo works as a fully functional toddler stroller for everyday use and thus becomes one of the best strollers for toddlers.
- This 3 in 1 stroller comes with a multi-position reclining seat to suit your baby’s ideal sitting position whereas all-wheel suspension is included for a smooth bump-free ride.
- Additionally, the stroller comes with one hand fold option. Moreover, auto-positioning wheels are there for great convenience.
- The Chicco umbrella stroller has a convenient tray for storage and cup holders.
- Out class three mode usage.
- Very compact once folded.
- Decent price value.
- Included car seat adapter.
- No parking brake on handles.
Hands down, it is one of the best travel system strollers. From a trendy car seat carrier to a travel system and from a travel system to a full stroller, it works efficiently. Overall, the quality and ride of the stroller is decent whereas some neat features make it all more desirable, especially the compact free stand fold.
5. Top Pick For Safety
Britax B-Agile/B-Safe 35
The new and updated car seat stroller combo B-Agile 3/B-Safe 35 Travel System of 2017 brings in the best protection with outmatching maneuverability. All features that missed out in the earlier model have become the part of the updated version. The balance between the safety of the B-safe 35 car seat and the lightweight maneuverability of the B-Agile 3 stroller spells ‘Parental Confidence’ when choosing this solution from Britax.
Purpose and Design
- It is made for parents who require an integrated solution without the worry of car seats from one company and strollers from another with zero integrate-able nature.
- Now you have a single solution that works perfectly in two separate ways, one for your car and the other for your everyday strolling.
- The design boasts practical simplicity by keeping in mind the average routine lifestyle.
- It is produced to be lightweight and easy to fold for your daily stowing and usage as the deep shell takes less space in the car.
- The B-Safe 35 infant car seat comes with Britax exclusive Safe Cell Impact Protection system which provide unmatched protection for your baby.
- The system has a steel frame for strength and sturdiness while a base that compresses to absorb energy during collisions.
- The Agile-3 stroller is highly maneuverable with front swivel wheel to increase shock absorbing and conformant to terrain adjustments.
- The Click-n-go system allows easiness to form a travel system quickly.
- The transitions between the car and stroller are almost instant and the car seat hooks on with a simple click.
- Light weight stroller, highly maneuverable.
- The B-Safe 35 car seat is a shock absorbent base and provides deep shell protection.
- The car seat might need adjustment according to your car.
I would deem this stroller and carseat combo as a fairly practical and reliable. Even though most people have the earlier version of the Britax travel system, if that is working fine; one should keep that. This product however has upgraded features in the car seat which make it more safe and secure for the baby. Overall the styling and safety features are improved to make it a definite good buy for new customers.
4. Best Traditional Jogger
BOB Revolution FLEX
The Revolution FLEX is an ideal all-terrain stroller for those active parents who would like to take their children along on morning jogs and exercise routines.
Purpose and Design
- The purpose of the Revolution is to become a one-off solution for parents to become their ideal preferred stroller for outdoor usage for years to come.
- The design is the traditional tri-wheel combination to increase maneuverability. Moreover, large air-filled wheels increase the grip.
- Additionally, state of the art all wheel suspensions are included to ensure a smoother ride for your baby with the least of bumps.
- A solid frame leads from the front which acts as the basis for a durable and sturdy design.
- The Bob revolution FLEX offers front wheels with swivel movement to increase maneuverability in parks or tight spots.
- The wheels also lock to add stability while jogging on rough terrain.
- You also find a padded handlebar with 9 positions to choose according to the height of the person.
- An easy two-step fold allows for compact storage and stowing.
- It can be easily integrated with a BOB infant car seat adapter.
- This model comes with a padded seat.
- The handlebar can move into 9 positions.
- Superior durability and performance across all terrain.
- Minimal storage with no handlebar base tray or cup holder.
For all those jogging enthusiasts out there, this stroller is for you. Revolution FLEX in a single seat configuration is proving to be an ideal choice for parents because of its maneuverability and durable nature in the toughest of terrains. The quick fold option and suspension add to its likability.
3. Budget-friendly Casual Jogger
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
This stroller (At #3 Position) combines the convenience and comfort features of a traditional stroller with a good performance jogging stroller. Even with a lesser price, it has outperformed many other strollers with higher price tags. Let’s find out the reasons below!
Purpose and Design
This stroller is designed to support the parents who do jogging as the front wheel can be locked to keep it stable while jogging. It can even be steered with one hand only. The handle is at the right height and is also adjustable thus making it comfortable for parents of various heights.
- Canopy: The canopy is easily adjustable and has good enough size to protect your child from the hot sun.
- Tyres: The tyres are filled with air which make it easy to move even in rocks and sand. These tyres are easily removable as well. Front wheel lock system and rear parking brake system are pretty good features in this model.
- Folding System: It has one hand folding system which is designed to save space thus making it very easy for parents to fold it and take it wherever they want. They can hold the baby on the other hand while folding it with one hand.
- Washable Seat: The multi-position reclining seat is easily washable.
- Harness: It has 5 point harness system which gives enough security to the child.
- Basket: It has a removable storage basket at its back which can be used to store various things while jogging.
- Tray: There is a dual cup holder tray for parents and one cup holder tray for the child.
- Travel System: With a baby trend car seat, you can convert this stroller into a travel system.
- Beautiful Design
- Excellent price
- Light weight (21.8 pounds)
- It can easily support even up to 50 lbs. weight child.
- Basket material is not of very high quality.
I will sum this product into following words “Great Price High Value”. All those parents who love jogging along with their child and are price conscious too then they should definitely go for this product.
2. Most Stylish Jogger
Thule Urban Glide
Set for the active lifestyle, the Thule Urban Glide is an all-around sports stroller with a sleek and stylish design thus making it a perfect fit for the urban environment and the frequent jogger. So, having the Urban Glide on the next trip is going to be the fun experience for the child and parents alike.
Purpose and Design
- The Urban Glide Sport is the perfect balance between outdoor sports jogging stroller and a common everyday stroller for parents.
- Its comfort and ease of use are second to none, a tri-wheel design adds convenience in navigation across obstacles.
- A design that only weighs 23 lbs increases its friendly operations and maneuverability.
- It is designed to keep in mind of the little passenger who should feel nothing short of a smooth and bump-free ride.
- The Urban Glide Sports Stroller comes with swiveling front wheels to combat urban rough terrains with ease. They lock into place when heading out to jog.
- Additionally, it comes with a one-hand fold option to easily collapse the stroller while holding your baby.
- The Urban Glide comes with a zipper based storage bin that easily zips up and secures your belongings.
- Good durability and performance.
- Preferred among parents who like sports strollers.
- Fully adjustable shade block to protect child.
- No handlebar based storage.
- The wheels are tube based.
Unlike other jogging strollers which tend to be rather expensive and filled with all sorts of features, the Urban Glide is as simple as it can be. Extra gizmos completely deviate the user from the purpose to use the stroller itself. The Urban Glide, however, does not provide complexities but provides a balanced solution for all the sporty needs of parents with parenthood. I did come across having an issue with tires so I reported to the customer department and they responded very well.
1. Most Luxurious Stroller
Baby Jogger City Select, Onyx
Are you looking for a travel system? Then the lightweight double stroller City Select is the best choice for all your strolling needs. The City Select is one of the most versatile strollers available today with almost 16 different combinations to try out.
Purpose and Design
- Baby Jogger knows what parents are looking for – A stroller that grows with their family. Yes, this is the primary aspect behind the City Select as its design allows maximum comfort for your child with the added advantage of a second seat.
- It is made for the ideal urban and suburb environment for those active women who wish to take both children simultaneously. The City Select is made with a solid metal frame to increase stability and firmness.
- Front facing, parent facing or sibling facing, the City Select Second Seat Stroller offers the convenience of a double stroller in a smaller and more maneuverable design.
- The Baby Jogger City Select comes with telescoping handlebars that adjust according to your height and preference.
- A hand operated parking brake is found on the handlebar as well.
- Comfy seating for your child is important so it is offering multiple recline options to perfectly suit your child’s mood.
- Additionally, the City Select brings a UV50+ sun canopy that protects your child from direct light. Unlike other strollers, it also comes with a peek-a-boo window to check up on your little one.
- It also comes with swivel and locking wheels, front 8” tires swivel to combat obstacles while air filled 12” rear tires to function over rough terrain.
- Durable design.
- A good set of features.
- A double set-kit and manual also comes included.
- It is difficult to maneuver.
Contrary to popular reviews, this stroller has outdone most competitors and I fairly like it. It's decent looking and stylist. However, the double seat version does add weight and cause hindrances for some women. Other than that, its double seating capacity in a small foot print is amazing; truly one of the best stroller 2017 to buy.
Beginners' Guide To Choose The Best Stroller
Instead of being forced to buy strictly on price or recommendations that do not really match your pocket or your style, it’s necessary that you buy a stroller that best suits your needs and requirements while also fulfilling security needs of your child.
Considering that there are various factors that can have a direct effect on the prices of baby strollers, it is mandatory for you to keep in mind some key aspects before heading out to buy your favorite baby pram.
1. Basic Stroller Types
Full-Size Strollers – These strollers are large and usually more expensive and sturdy to use. Some have a bassinet stage allowing the baby to lie flat and also a reclining seat for when the child is old enough to sit upright. These strollers are all about adaptability and child comfort.
Travel Systems - Travel systems come with a universal frame that can hold a car seat but also come with a simple toddler seat that works as a lightweight stroller until the child is around four years old. They are also known as "Convenience Strollers".
All-Terrain Sports - They are considered as the sport-utility vehicles of the stroller world, an excellent alternative to buying a full-size stroller and a separate jogger. Normally these have all the features of a full-size stroller including a bassinet stage, but they also offer easier and better maneuvering, durability, lightweight design and full-suspension wheels for comfort.
Joggers - They are meant to be aerodynamically designed for serious runners and active parents. These three-wheeled strollers are made for either trail or street running. They're relatively lightweight and include a hand brake and a safety strap for the parent's wrist. They tend to be less maneuverable in small spaces than all-terrain strollers.
2. Material & Weight
A lot goes into the stroller that you push if its frame and material are lightweight and strong. Not only does it mean security for your child but also better handling during everyday usage. Inferior materials tend to be less durable and reduce the life of your stroller.
3. Folding Mechanism
All strollers fold but some take a lot of time folding with hard to reach levers or pull up options. On the other hand, some are easier with single push collapse-able and dual fold options. Not only it helps you to save time but if your strollers fold well; it can prove to be a space saver and a better travel companion.
4. Configurable – Nature
Is the stroller workable as a car seat carrier? With age will it change into a full independent stroller? Medium tire to high - end strollers allow multiple seating positions: Rear facing, forward facing, etc.
5. Size & Space
The size of your stroller is important because you have to consider your environment and daily routine. Having a larger stroller might be troublesome if your car is compact and small. Bigger strollers will be more expensive and require more room for storage.
Is your stroller user-friendly? Does it have a dedicated parent and child trays to hold important things and bottles? A stroller that offers convenience is better to buy as it gives you the peace of mind and less frustration while operating. Are the wheels easily replaceable? And due to their swivel, is maneuvering effected? A good stroller is maneuverable across various terrains and in tighter spaces.
7. Features To look out for
Car Seat Integration – If you’re in and out of your car a lot then make sure the full size or all-terrain stroller you’re heading out to buy is compatible with your car seat.
Flexible Handle Bar – It’s a neat feature to have for the parents, particularly for parents with varying heights.
Cargo Space – It is a necessity at the right time as parent trays and child trays are used to carry the cell phones and infant bottles, leaving your hands free from holding the snacks every time. Additionally, car space below the seat is equally important to hold purses and diaper bags etc.
Adjustable Seat Positions – To match your toddler's mood, an adjustable seat is a great treat. It helps them to relax and have a short nap while on the walk.
Wash-ability – Over time, kids drop a lot of food and drinks. It’s good to have a stroller made of washable fabrics to have the sitting area around the child clean and hygienic.
Brakes – This feature stops your stroller from rolling away. If your pathway or walking track is inclined, it’s a relief that you can apply the brakes for greater security of your child.
Seat Reversibility - Most full-size and all-terrain strollers give you the choice of which direction to face the baby. You'll probably want to start out with your baby facing you which can make all the difference between feeling like you spent time with your baby rather than just pushing a stroller.
Expand Ability – It’s always heartwarming to know your family is growing, a stroller that can match that is a blessing. Especially, the one which allows the addition of an extra seat through second seat kits and accessories.